Dermcare Pyohex Medicated Shampoo for Dogs
Pyohex shampoo and conditioner are for the treatment of bacterial (Staphylococcal) skin infections in dogs. Bacterial skin infections on dogs can have a wide variety of symptoms or appearances and causes.
Common appearances of bacterial infections:
- Circular rings of scale or redness (as larger pimples pop and leave ‘rings’ of skin damage)
- Moist areas of skin commonly referred to as hotspots
Reasons for bacterial skin infections:
Sometimes there is just bad luck involved, although the majority of cases of skin infections in dogs can be tracked to underlying conditions which allow the low numbers of normal bacterial residents to overgrow and cause disease.
Underlying causes for bacterial infections:
- Allergy, pollen, grass, food (meats), fleas
- Hormonal problems (including Cushing’s disease and thyroid problems)
- Parasitic infestations such as demodex mites or Scabies.
Pyohex shampoo and conditioner have the great benefit over creams and lotions in that they can be applied all over, regardless of the amount of fur coverage.
- The shampoo should be applied to a wet coat and lathered up.
- Leave on for 10 minutes before rinsing thoroughly.
- Distract the dog from licking during this period. Ingestion of foam can upset their stomach.
- After rinsing allow the dog to shake excess water from its coat and then rub the conditioner through the coat whilst still damp. This can be achieved by applying a small amount to your hands, lightly rubbing your hands together and then dabbing your hands over your dog’s coat. After the conditioner is roughly distributed give your dog a good rub to evenly distribute it throughout the coat.
- Treats Bacterial skin infections in dogs
- Soften's Dog's Coat
- Moisturises Dog's Skin
To Learn more, click Dermcare Pyohex Medicated Shampoo for Dogs